Click here to see the current Music Schedule: Music Timetable for 2017-18
Music Parents Meeting – Informal Minutes for Dec. 5/2017
In attendance: Jen Kelly, Amanda Batchelor, Donna Montgomery, Erin Gray, Denise Reed, Jenna Hughes, Boon Argyle, Jill Renaud and Shelley Huebner.
Reports and Upcoming Events:
- “Celebration of Lights” last Sunday – Choir did well. Thanks to Graham.
- Naden Band – Tues. Dec. 12th 1-3pm * need a few parents Got parents, thank you!
- “Sweet Sounds of Christmas” concert Dec. 19th @ 6:30pm (kids arrive at 6pm)
- Chocolate lollipops – local chocolatier, individuals can choose-opt.
- Thrifty’s Smile Card – Thanks to Amanda – will hand out before holidays. Music program gets 5% of whatever you load on your card before grocery shopping. Info sheet to come
- Group vs. Individual fundraising – Howl, concerts, payathon, thrifty’s, 50/50 = group fundraising. Chocolate santas=individual
- Bottle Depot – Acct #23 – We have an account at “RETURN IT” on Ellery Rd. Will encourage all family and friends to donate their funds from bottles to ACCT. 23 – Thanks to Donna
Howl Reflection – Comments?
What should stay/go? Change for next year?
All positive feedback, good event. Mrs. Kelly needs more help with tables and chairs set up during the afternoon.
Buns & veggies to end of chili tables next year.
Due next week! Due by Dec. 15th. Cost of trip is based on number of students attending. If students cancel last minute the 2 X $50 non-refundable deposits help cover the cost of their trip.
Students need to purchase before concert! $10 – students keep shirts
Sweet Sounds of Christmas:
- Mandatory – attendance part of music students final mark
- Baked Goods –all music families send a tray of goodies morning of concert with students to be plated and set out for concert
- Volunteer Sign up – can click on link to sign up to volunteer for concert. Mrs. Kelly will send out.
- 50/50? Still waiting on license.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm