Click here to see the Music Schedule for 206-17 – 20162017timetablel
Rockheights Music E-bulletin – November 2016
Month at glance:
- Pizza Sales are on a roll. Selling out almost each Tuesday!
- Uniforms were ordered and picked up. Cost is $10. Students keep and use for their duration in Music at The Rock! New Music students can send $ in to Ms. Kelly to receive their uniform t-shirt.
- Halloween Howl was a success! Much thanks again to all who contributed and attended! A report on funds raised at next meeting.
- Choir performed “Blowin’ in the Wind” at “No Stone Left Alone” at God’s Acre. They performed beautifully!
Reports and reminders:
- Intermediate Band – Some Intermediate students are not attending lunchtime rehearsal on Tuesday’s. This is not an “optional” rehearsal because it is at lunch but part of the course. Please check in with your Int. Band student regarding this please.
- Beginning Band – Tuesday’s afterschool rehearsal is sometimes used to check in on a specific section of the Band. Also, staff meetings fall on most 2nd Tuesday’s of each month; on those days Band only runs until 3:30pm. This Tues.’s afterschool class will be reserved for the Trombone section.
- Choir – We have welcomed Al Kornelsen, an accomplished accompanist to our Friday Choir classes. This has been a wonderful addition as Ms. Kelly can now truly be out front teaching and conducting the choir class.
- Jazz Band – Jazz Band is eagerly rehearsing 2 X’s a week with very committed members.
- Strings – Mrs. Rebstock has taken over the Strings dept. Our students are enjoying her very much.
- PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS: Intermediates: 20 min/5 days a week. Beginners: 10min/5 days a week till xmas.
- Halloween Howl : A report of funds raised from ticket sales, choc.suckers from Choconuts, and 50/50 will be brought forth at the next meeting. We will also discuss what went well and new ideas for next year’s event! This was our first GROUP FUNDRAISER.
- Pizza Sales ( Group fundraiser): this fundraiser was generously given to us this year as is ongoing. Music students happily volunteer to sell every Tuesday.
- Coupon Books (Group fundraiser): we opted not to sell coupon books this year, but if there is some interest in obtaining one please email me. I will put in a GROUP order Nov.25th. The cost is $25 and we will receive half of the profits. A flyer is also attached with this email.
- Xmas Dance (GROUP FUNDRAISER): The Music Dept. will run the school dance and will receive any proceeds earned. *$2 tickets and chocolate suckers or…??
- Frozen Cookies (INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISER): We will do this fundraiser early in the New Year. Stay tuned.
Other fundraisers discussed for New Year: tapping into some local community support, All Day Music Playathon and Valentines Dance.
- Naden workshop – Stay tuned for date
- Naden Band Christmas Concert at the Royal Theatre – Tues. Dec. 6th 1:30-2:30pm.
- Sweet Sounds of Christmas Concert – ALL MUSIC STUDENTS: Thursday, Dec. 8th at 6:30pm
- Next Music Parents Meeting: Tues. Dec. 6th @ 6:30pm.
Please feel free to email me or phone me at school with any of your questions! Have a great week everyone!